On December 18th 2010, I launched this blog without giving any thought to what direction it would take. I was eating pizza delivered courtesy of Pizza Hut and thinking I needed a creative outlet for my food adventures other than Yelp. I also thought it would be a good idea to learn how to cook but that never manifested.
While other things in my life didn’t go according to plan, the journey in food has been great. I’ve met some wonderful people, tried some amazing food, and actually lost 10 pounds at the end of it all even though I fully expected to be a crazed obese woman by now. Not really. However given all the decadent food I ate this year, I didn’t expect weight loss but it’s a nice surprise. 🙂
I want to thank you all for your support during this journey, for reading about my adventures, and being my biggest fans. 2012 is looking good so far. My first food adventure starts in 11 days. I can’t wait. Until then, have a great new year everyone. I hope you eat well and be well in this coming year.
Quick recap. Here are some of my favorites from 2011. Enjoy!
- One Year Anniversary of The Pasta Bar
- Dinner date with Stacey Soleil
- Secret love affair with Soho Taco
- The Greek Festival in Irvine
- The day I met Adam Richman
- The first Farm to Food Truck Challenge at the SoCo Farmer’s Market
- OC Fair Chowdown: Pinks vs The Greasy Wiener
- OC Fair Chowdown: Chicken Charlie’s vs The OC Food Truck
- The Best Burger EVER
- Gluttony Fest at the OC Fair
- The Best Donuts in Orange County
- The Cadillac Culinary Challenge
- The 2nd Farm to Food Truck Challenge at SoCo Farmer’s Market
- The non-traditional Thanksgiving